Wednesday, 1 October 2014

What's in my makeup bag(s)


I actually have two makeup bags that I use on a daily basis. One is a really old Barry M one I got from my sister. She must have got it free in a magazine absolutely years ago, the dirt of it! I like it so much because of the size, plus I can't be bothered to buy a new one. The other bag is a bigger one that I got off a friend, and the print is so pretty.

I use the smaller of them for my everyday bits, and the larger one for everything that doesn't fit in to the small one- my palettes and brushes basically. I actually have a third one which is bigger again but that's just where I keep all the crap I wouldn't usually use.



In my smaller of the two I keep:
  • No7 Stay perfect foundation - I wasn't sure about it, but now I like it. It's supposed to be medium coverage but I would say it's light. Annoyingly, it's too dark for me though and it's in the palest colour they have, so that puts me off. I do think if it was the right shade it would be alright.
  • Seventeen Stay time concealer - I followed the hype and got the Collection concealer that all the bloggers and youtubers were raving about. But honestly I didn't think it was that great. I tried this one next and I really like it. I think it's just as good, if not better than the Collection one and its cheaper so that suits me just fine!
  • Rimmel Kate Mascara - I got this one because I wanted to try a new mascara. I was looking for a cheaper one because I had been constantly buying the "They're Real!" mascara and honestly I just can't bear to keep spending €27 on it. The wand on this Rimmel one is huge though, so I'm forever getting it on my eyelids. Hate that.
  • Benefits They're Real mascara - I absolutely love it but don't have the funds for it anymore. I don't know if anyone else does this, but if I find a mascara I really like, when I finish it I clean the wand really well. Make sure there's no mascara left on it. Then I keep it in my makeup bag. Then when I apply mascara and it goes clumpy, I use the clean wand to brush through it and it usually saves the day.
  • Urban Decay primer potion - I don't use this often though, only on nights out and things like that.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eyeliner in Ransom.
  • Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 03 - such a good neutral shade.
  • Revlon lipstick in Black Cherry - Such a good and relatively affordable vampy lipstick. Perfect for Autumn which is why I've thrown mine back into my everyday makeup bag. During the day its really nice if you just pat a bit on the lips and blot it off.  It leaves a really nice stain.
  • Mac lipstick in Creme Cup - One of my favouite lipsticks. My first ever Mac one - I say that like I have loads but I only have too haha. 
  • Natural Collection eyeshadow in Walnut
  • Urban Decay eyeshadow in Oil slick. This has been my favourite eyeshadow since my gothy stage when I was fourteen haha.
  • Loreal gel eyeliner - The highstreet/drugstore gel eyeliner that's always talked about is the Maybelline one. I've never tried that one but I don't understand why people don't talk about the Loreal one. I think it's brilliant. It's the first one I ever got and I'd never feel the need to try any other one.
  • Tweezers and eyeliner parer.



 As I've said, I keep all the bigger bits in my other makeup bag. Its mostly palettes. I have others but these would be the ones I'd use most:
  • Urban Decay Naked palette
  • Urban Decay Smoked palette
  • Urban Decay Flushed palette - I think it's fairly obvious what my favourite makeup brand is! I always get Urban Decay products for Christmas or birthdays because I can't afford to get them normally, sad.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner in Perversion. 
  • Essence Powder - I used to get the Rimmel Stay Matt one , again another highly praised product. But the essence one is grand! I just use it on my nose and chin so it does the job, and it's only a few euro in Pennys. 
  • Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Nectar - my mam got convinced into buying this by one of the women at the counter. She never used it and gave it to me, but I wouldn't be a huuuge fan. Tanya Burr has said she loves it for highlighting, but actually I find that the glitter particles are too big in it so it just looks like you've brushed glitter on your cheeks. Maybe that's just me. I do like to use it sometimes but only with a light hand.
  • Real techniques buffing and stippling brush. 
  • Real techniques spongs.
  • Anchient (probably from magazines like Sugar (remember reading those!!)) makeup brush and smudgey sponge.
  • Bourjois eyeshadow in 27 
  • Mac eyeshadow in Cranberry - Absolutely love this. Haven't used it since last Christmas so I'm excited to get it out again.
  • Razer - Just in case! 

That's what I keep in my makeup bags, and a mini review of some of the products,

Byeee for now. 

2 comments:

  1. Your makeup bags are so cute! I've been wanting a Naked palette for so long, I think I should finally get around to purchasing one! x Jenn

    www.augustweekend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your makeup bags! :) NAKED palette is my wish!
    Want to follow each other?Let me know! :)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete